Monday, June 27, 2011

8 Reasons Why I Have 8 Half-Written Blog Posts

Yes, it's true. I have 8 half-written blog posts and a notebook filled with many pages of ideas and partially written posts. What's my problem?  I'm good at making excuses... it must be some basic, human form of self-preservation. Nah... that's just a lame excuse to hide my fear of failure.

Here are 8 excuses that have been swirling around my head, keeping me from moving onward and upward. Believe me, I could come up with several more.

#8 I'm sure someone, somewhere has written a post like X; so is there really any reason for me to write one?

#7 Clicking "Publish" just seems so final. The art of editing is never done. I can always find something else to change.

#6 I have not found a consistent time to work on my blog.

#5 My camera bit the dust, so I'm taking pics with my cell phone. How lame!

#4 There are tons of blogs out there. Am I really affecting anyone by this?

#3 What if the blog morphs into another direction? Am I a failure, if I change the scope?

#2 I don't want to sound like I know everything. I'm not an expert!

#1 I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Navigation. What's that?

I'm tired of the excuses! None of these are really good excuses either. There's a solution to EVERY one.

The remedy? Set a time to write. No, wait... set a time to get my rear-end in the computer chair and type.

So what if it's not polished. I'll get there.

So what if it doesn't make it into a post. It's therapeutic for me and may someday make a great post. In the meantime, I just need to get back on the metaphorical bike that is my blog and peddle up that hill.

I enjoy sharing my triumphs and failures with my family and friends. If I help someone in the meantime, that's awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment