Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An "Almost On Purpose" odd-sock bag

In true "Almost On Purpose" style, I created a somewhat useful bag. For several months, I've been waging a war against my odd socks. At times, I've won a few battles. Then, out of nowhere, the odd socks have been hiding a second bag; and my victory is short lived.

I love that I have my vintage Bernina 830 Record back from the repair shop, and it's been itching to do some projects. Well, I've been the antsy one. The machine has been sitting quietly. At any rate, I found some scrap fabric and whipped together a drawstring back to hang above my dryer. In an effort, to re-enforce the seams, I made the bag almost square (somewhat lop-sided). I thought I'd made the opening too wide.


Oh, great! I probably need to try this again. At least the loop on the side looks kinda cool.

 Then I realized that not many people will see it, so I'll at least give it a try.


Well, I guess it doesn't look too bad.

Then, as I've started using the bag, I realized that the wide opening and shallow depth are perfect for reaching in and finding a matching pair — without having to dump out the entire bag.

Take that, Odd Socks!
Now, wouldn't it be cool if I meant to do that? Well, since I'm not really that cool, I'll just enjoy the victory while I can.

1 comment:

  1. Kristy, that's a great idea! I just dumped an entire box of socks on my bed that have accumulated. I will have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete