Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Repurposing T-shirts Project #3. Bag.

I can't believe I'm already on project #3 of my T-shirt repurpose challenge. I'm glad everyone enjoyed last week's project: the pretty petal tee. 

This week, I wanted to tackle something a bit easier (or so I thought): The Reusable Bag. You may remember my angst from last week about potentially using the Dallas Cowboys shirt as a lining for the petal tee. I saved it for this week. Phew! 

From all the tutorials I read, it's as easy as (1) cut off the sleeves and neckline and (2) sew the bottom opening closed. Just to save yourself some heartache, PLEASE don't try to make it reversible or add a lining unless (emphasis added) you plan on cutting the t-shirt into many parts. Yet, again, I have to learn things the hard way. In the end, just follow the simple directions from other tutorials. It really IS that easy. There's a reason why they were written that way. 

So, there you have it... the easy reusable bag. If you use it at Target for your purchases, you'll get $0.05 off your order for each bag. I've made a bag that was free AND saves me money. Now, that's my style!


The boys want to use it for their library books, and I have no problem flaunting our favorite NFL team.

Want to check out my other projects? Here's a quick breakdown:

0 comments:

Post a Comment