Monday, November 7, 2011

Scrapbooking paper. I love it. Scrapbooking? Not so much.

As you can tell from my title, I love some craft paper. Scrapbooking paper is my addiction, and sales flyers to craft stores are dangerous in my presence. I admit it's a vicious cycle.

You might be wondering. Why does she like scrapbooking paper so much but doesn't like to scrapbook? I love projects with paper, and scrapbooking paper is just such beautiful paper!

My mother can attest to my fetish with clipping paper into a gazillion itty-bitty pieces. As with most annoying traits, my dearest boys have inherited this endearing quality. Thankfully, the vacuum and broom can easily remedy the problem.

At any rate, here are my top-five, favorite things to do with scrapbooking paper:


  1. Placemats. Yes, they make for an easy dinner party. Theme party? No problem. Just find some coordinating paper as your placement. Cleanup is a breeze. We often reuse the not-so-used ones again for other craft projects, too.

  2. Paper chains. This is great for counting down an important event or for teaching days of the week.

  3. Decoupage. Next to scrapbooking paper, using glue for projects is another favorite. Yes, it takes patience; but the end result is worth it. Things I've decoupaged (not sure if that's a verb, oh well.): Easter eggs (project with my Grandma), wooden block letters, canvas for art (see picture), and a picture frame.

  4. Instant art. I like finding paper with large-scale patterns. Just cut around the lines and insert groupings into frames.

  5. Buntings/Banners. For the boys' birthday party, we used a combination of scrapbooking paper and some of their finger paintings. The Star Wars theme banners were at least $5 and didn't seem very fancy. Instead, our project was FREE!
With the approaching Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, I love finding ways to use my scrapbooking paper. 

Do you scrapbook or just love the paper?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, the paper is just TOO beautiful to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chain link idea! I've scrapbooked for years... until I started blogging. I'm trying to get back into it because I miss touching all that pretty paper!

    Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete