Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Repurposing T-shirts Project #1. Necklace

As promised, I am doing something about my pile of old t-shirts. For my first project, I've decided to tackle something a little less complicated: the t-shirt necklace. I must say that this video tutorial was VERY helpful!

While cutting the strips, my perfectionism started to rear its ugly head. I was starting to stress about each cut being perfect. Well, my astigmatism doesn't help with that, either. At any rate, I would just suggest that each strip is generally (fight the urge to get the ruler!) the same width. As you stretch each strip (which should be a complete circle), the fabric curls on itself to hide any imperfect cuts. Phew!

Here's a quick pic of my first re-purposed t-shirt!




Here's my to do list of projects:

Do you have any other projects, that you'd like to see me try? Feel free to let me know in the comments. Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment