Saturday, November 26, 2011

Advent Calendar and Jesse Tree Ideas - Celebrating the Christmas Season

This year, Advent begins on November 27th. Before the season begins, I wanted to share a few favorite idea's I've found. In addition, I'll share some of the ideas that I want to incorporate this year. We will be starting our calendar on December 1st, so we'll finish on Christmas Eve. I'm going to be gracious with myself and "be OK" if I tweak the plans mid-stream... it only makes me more knowledgeable for next year, right?. Well, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. I hope you can be gracious with yourself, as well.

There are so many beautiful, creative ideas for an advent calendar. In true "Almost On Purpose" style, I wanted to find my readers some lovely advent calendars that were made from something else. Here are few beautiful idea's I've found:

Picture Frame Calendar. Source: Fiskars via The Crafty Chicks


Recycling bath-tissue rolls. Source: Maya*Made